Saturday, August 18, 2012

noooo .. school...

AHH I can't believe people are starting school, like my college friends starting grad/med/pharm school and the whole US starting college and soon elementary/middle/high school. I realized a month ago that I am no longer excited about school supplies. Like, I have absolutely no need to buy mechanical pencils or post-it notes or 'interesting' organizers in those sections anymore. I used to always browse through those sections at Walmart, just for fun. But now, there really is no interest. I don't even use pens anymore, except for writing checks. (why is blogger saying that 'anymore' is not a word... -___-)

People used to say that this was the awkward period of time when you're not yet married, but you're out of college. I think they say that because there's no 'set' thing to focus on--it all depends on the person, the life they want and the situation. Some single people work really hard, all the time; some have fun all the time, working as little as possible; some get involved in the community; some stick close to their parents/siblings. There's no really set norm for what's expected. And single people tend to change jobs and move around a lot before they're settled. I guess, more of a nomad, irregular life period.

I guess one thing the bible does point out is that single people should (be able to) focus on God more, pleasing God. I wonder if I am using this time to that effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment