Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How Dare I

How dare I not love people with the same magnitude that God loves them.

Our love for the people around us cannot compare to God's love for them. How dare we.
How dare we not love and treasure people the way God does and see them as precious and beloved ones whom God loves. If we truly loved God, we would love them the way God loves them, out of our fear of God. Who are we to pass judgment on someone GOD has accepted? And how can we dare not love someone to the full extent as God does?

What is love? What does it mean to love someone? God is love.

If I was told to imagine sacrificing someone I love the most, (my mom), for someone else, I would definitely feel the deep pain of that sacrifice. I cringe just thinking about it.
However God's sacrifice isn't just that. --because God the Father loves Jesus more than I love my mom. And the more you love someone, the more it hurts.

Just as, the more deeply you love a friend, the more pain you would feel if they committed suicide.

In the same way, the Holy Spirit grieves when we harm ourselves and others whom God loves by sinning (ephesians 4:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment