Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thank you God!

Wow. I am so glad God saved me from a deep pit. The last couple of days I had felt a little strange... like I've lost my sense of direction in life or something. I felt kind of purposeless going through this finals week stuff. And I thought the reason was simply because the year is coming to a close and I tend to have those type of feelings at the end of the year.

But that wasn't the reason.

The reason was because I forgot God. I forgot Him in my conversations, I forgot His passionate jealous love for the people I had been talking about--and for the Church. I did not fear the Lord--I forgot about that too. If I feared the Lord, I would watch more carefully what I say about His beloved ones and how I say it and why I say it. Sometimes we claim to want to help people by talking about them, but how can we help them properly when we forget God's love for them? or when we are so caught up in what we think, that we forget God.

And so I've been reminded that when talking about other people, it's important to have the right heart about it--( to fear God), and to never talk about people without praying for them.--and I don't mean like you slap on a prayer later in the day so that you can be excused about talking about people, but truly having a heart to intercede for them in prayer, to see them change and to believe in change for them.

ugh. I really need more of God in my heart. I just want to talk about Him, how wonderful He is, all the things He has done, and be in awe of Him again.

Note for all of you and for my future self: I am writing this post as my sharing, and also as an encouragement to everyone who can relate and who finds this relevant and helpful for them. This is why I write posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment