Friday, May 27, 2011

Sad

=/ I'm really sad. I know I'll see people again, but I'll never see them in such a casual context, like 2am in duffield, or wandering around in PJs, or lying asleep on my couch in a mound of blanket, or visiting my apartment, or standing by the doorway of someone's dorm room in casc late at night. There will never be another time when I'm walking somewhere on campus that I'll see someone on my way to class, and get to smile at them and look at them.

Most of all, I really just miss looking into people's eyes. I will really miss people's eyes. yea, I really love eyes. And I love being in people's presence.

Okay, yea, so I really don't know the point of this post. I guess I do have some encouraging things to say. Like, how I'm so glad that we all still desire to keep in touch with each other. I'm really encouraged by that. I am really just happy that there are people I love all over the country and world. And all of us are running towards the same goal. And so I guess we are all going towards the same thing, although in different places. And I'll just have to really let go of being able to look into people's eyes and seeing them on the way to class and seeing them in my apartment. And trust that God's got them, and that they will go on and meet new people and form new friendships, even while holding fast to the ones built here at Cornell. As one brother mentioned, there are no friendships like those in college, because you'll never be able to spend that amount of time with people in such close contexts again.

But the point of all this friendship stuff is to support each other and to keep running after Christ, keep spurring each other on. It's not really about staring into each other's eyes forever and hugging each other and just spending time together. But to take all of that support we do have and really go where God wants you to go. And if we really had our hope in Christ and believed in God and this hope, we would be excited for what God is going to do in our lives and in others' lives in the future. God is good. Let us focus on that. God is going to do great things in each of our summers and even after that. Do we believe it?

Now, at the end of my blog post, now that I have encouraged myself, I am no longer really sad. But I am excited to hear back reports from people of what God is doing in them, what they are learning, how much more they love God now, etc. Please don't stay stagnant. God is everything that we have. If we don't run after Him, what else in this life do we have?
and at the same time, if you are struggling to be passionate about God, let people know! Never give up sharing praises and struggles. This is the body of Christ. This is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment