Saturday, May 21, 2011

Life is so weird

Okay, I understand that 4am posts sometimes are unwise, but I wasn't planning on saying anything specific. And I don't have much more time to blog before I will be in China, where blog sites are blocked and I won't be able to blog, although I'll still be able to read other people's blogs through google reader.


Life is weird.

It's amazing how we learn so much. Through experience. Through observation of experience. Through experience of observation.

Through God-- It's hard to remember that everything we have is a gift from God-- even our supposed ability to "come up" with stuff, even the way we think, how we perceive and notice the things of life. And all of these things--the way we think, perceive, notice, come up with stuff--can be corrupted, muddled, perverted, biased. And only God can purify these gifts He had originally intended for us to use in a way that builds up others.

And Life is weird because no matter how much you observe, or experience, no matter how much you think you got the pattern down, no matter how great of an accuracy you think you can predict the stock market, sometimes life takes you by surprise. Actually it always does. Periodically at least.

But we stubborn man. We think we got it down just because we have learned so much. We have grown so much. We have increased awarenesses of new things of life. And we wanna quickly bask in this wonderful change, instead of being so in awe of the One who made this change, or the One by whom all good change is possible, and remembering there is always more.

There is always more.
There is always more than enough.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie!
    I just want to say that I love hearing your voice through your blog entries, and I enjoy how your writing style is distinct from others. Keep being you and keep chasing God through knowledge, honor, and love for Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Judy!
    and Wordpress isn't blocked in China :)

    ReplyDelete