Sunday, September 16, 2012

Things that made me feel good in the past 48 hrs

Yesterday/Saturday @ 8am:
I'm sleeping @ my NJ home and my cell phone starts ringing. Some 518 number. hm. I pick it up. My friend, who is also a coworker, says hi Jamie. I'm like hi, and wondering if she is calling to ask if I want to go play or something. Then she's like: "Hi Jamie, I'm in front of the eDR [a machine]. How do I do sampling?". And then I walk her through it... It doesn't work. I'm like.". oh.. hm, sometimes you have to refresh. Try different things, like closing the window and then opening it again." It works. LOL. This is my expertise: shaking the tool so that it works. lol. But it did feel good to get called for help on a weekend.


This morning @ work:
I'm heading into the fab; there's a door I'm about to pull open. Someone else on the other side is coming out and pushes the door open, sees me at the door, and then holds the door open with one arm (still standing on the other side--not my side yet) and with his other arm pushes his friend back and says: "move away; she's more important than you".

Lol. never encountered such blatant chivalry/gentleman-ness, if that's the right word for it. Definitely made me smile.


Another call from a different coworker after working hours @ 7:30pm
"Hi Jamie, sorry to call you after your work hours".
"Oh yea, no problem"

aw, what a cutie. being so considerate and apologizing for what's included in my job description. I'm required to be on call lol. aw man, everyone is so cute!

--
Anyway. I guess there are a lot of things in life that make you go: aww, wow. --And perhaps when people are lonelier, these things affect them more. It's always nice to have little encouragements here and there, and to have people value and appreciate you and thank you for things or apologize for things, but those things are not the bread. It's easy to make them the bread of our living, rather than God who is the bread of life.

you satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love ~Ps 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment