Tuesday, September 11, 2012

great thing about pressure and stress

The really great thing about stress and pressure is that you get to see your problems...

It's funny how I can complain about people being slow when I myself am known to be the slow one. Seriously. it's ridiculous how prideful I am.

The other funny thing was that I was priding myself on how calm/chill I was in the midst of this problem my project is facing. I still do things fast, but I'm calm, and confident the issue will get solved and everything will get done before the deadline. So I was sort of prideful about this confidence, about not freaking out.

But then later in the day I realized that b/c of all the things we had to do quickly, I was getting frustrated with people for not being as fast as I was, or for not knowing things that they should know, or not reading the emails that we all got and bookmarking important info. Even little things, like when people type slower than me, or change equipment statuses slow (clicking buttons/logging on slow basically), I'm like......... er.... !! ..

Anyway, I also got something from the Church service today. He was talking about 1 Samuel something... about the barren woman who told God that if He gave her a son, she would give the son back to Him. And the pastor highlighted that the woman didn't ask God for a son; she asked Him for a seed to give back to Him. And God granted her a son.  Then I remembered that I did the same thing; I asked for a brother so I could learn how to love (because it's so much easier to love your friends and parents than to show love and affection towards a sibling). So then, I began to think of what areas in my life I could ask God for a seed for at work. ...


1 comment:

  1. word...that's what we learned in church this past sunday too. cool!

    ReplyDelete