Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So much to do

So much to do even before the semester has begun! Yet, I thank God that I have stuff to be stressed and busy about.

For the past three weeks of break, I've been studying for the second actuarial exam, making videos for a start-up and doing other fellowship things, as well as exercising and spending time with people and family. (God is part of family)

Echoing what a friend wrote in her blog post, I've also realized that it's so challenging to balance everything, especially family and work. Or rather, family and stuff-I-have-to-do-alone. One day I just got so stressed realizing how behind I was on studying, and on top of that, I just spend hours chauffeuring my brother to activities. Didn't realize that driving people to places takes up your entire day. I have no idea how my parents work, cook, buy groceries, drive my brother places, teach my brother stuff, think about me, and manage household stuff like bills and broken cars. And they aren't even stressed.

sigh. so much to learn. Well. There's always something to be thankful for. And I'm thankful for my parents, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and for my brother who loves me a lot.

Supposedly, there is an iphone app called Worship 10M that vibrates every 10 minutes, with the purpose being to help people to remember every 10 minutes how good God is, and to think of something to thank Him for. When I first heard about this app, I was like... what... EVERY 10 minutes? That's crazy. But supposedly, it just changes your entire mindset and perspective when you start thanking God all the time for everything. So if you bump into someone who went to alabaster retreat, you can say to them "Give me 3", and they'll know that's a cue for 'give me three things you're thankful for'. =) Actually, someone did that to me this past semester, and it was amazing how it changed my mindset completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment