Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top Life Skills?

I was googling this, obviously because I'm bored and do NOT have a prelim in 3 hours.

A couple interesting things I found were:

  • You must be able to move to another country, burn your house down or quit your job and REALLY be okay.
  • You must be able to start, work through and finish things that you DO NOT want to do
  • You must know what you will live for, die for and kill for. (defines your life's aim)
haha. funny stuff. I thought I was gonna get things like "know how to fix a car" or "know how to extinguish a fire". But instead I get these cutting edge real things.

And now that I have a prelim and I'm slacking, I'm reminded of the second bullet point.

And recently, I am convinced that I need to think more about the third bullet point. A brother shared that he wasn't sure if everyone turned away from God, if he would still remain Christian. When I first heard that, I was like psh, of course I would. But now thinking about it, I agree that it's hard to know if you would or not, especially when you're in this kind of environment, surrounded by or connected with people who love Jesus.

I thought of Heidi Baker and how God told her to go live in the slums. She didn't mention this when telling her story, but I thought of this: that by going to live in the slums, she basically lost connection with all her (probably middle-class) friends. 18 years of living in the slums. Left her previous life behind. I wonder if I could do that. Follow God and not look back. Leave it ALL behind. After a year, you'd probably forget you had a previous life.

Is God's love real enough for me that I would really believe that He is enough for me? What is hindering me from knowing the extent of His love? I want to give it all up; I'm tired of gross stuff that I hold onto; I want to give it to Jesus, but I don't know what I need to give to Him. I don't know how. I don't really know anything anymore, except that I need Jesus. A lot.

Do I actually live for God? Would I obey Him? How much do I hate sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment