Tuesday, April 3, 2012

If it is the Lord's will

...if it is the Lord's will we will live and do this or that ~James 4:15

Why, you don't even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life?

If it is the Lord's will, I will graduate and live past white water rafting and go home and then go work in Malta.

Sunday night, I was working on my matlab assignment (that I have to finish to graduate), and I was stuck, even after someone tried to explain stuff to me; it was so hard to grasp and come up with a design for my code. Programming is not like homework. In the end, no matter how much people explain it to you, you have to do it yourself. And I was running into so many bugs, and I couldn't understand fully the person's explanation of the assignment really. I thought I had this inability to do this project.

Anyway, I didn't freak out or anything, but I had some fear. And I had to come to terms with: what if I don't graduate? If I don't graduate, I'll probably loose my offer, and it'll suck. But God could be glorified if I go about the next summer/semester with a thankful/grateful attitude, continuing to trust in God, even after things in life don't go the way I anticipate/plan/want.

Anyway, I finished today afternoon. Miraculously, somehow, all the bugs cleared up and God gave me tons of wisdom to finish today in a few hours what I worked on the entire day (literally from waking up at 8:30am to 12am, even skipped dinner) yesterday and also having worked on it the night before and a couple days in the week before. God does that. Miracles can happen in schoolwork.

God also is funny in other ways. I sent this email to my parents yesterday:

When I was a Freshman, a Senior helped me with programming.
Now that I am a Senior, a Freshman is helping me with programming.


I am so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment