Monday, November 7, 2011

A Spiritual Battle

Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms
Ephesians 6:12

We cannot see the spiritual realm, but it is going on.

Every word that comes out of your mouth carries power. Not just for the hearer, but in the spiritual realm. Of course, God protects us, but there is still a battle in the spiritual realm. From your mouth, you carry forth blessings and curses.

So yesterday was particularly strange, because I could not focus at all, nor felt motivated to do school; I had one problem left, but I couldn't bring myself to do it or to care. So, I emailed my mom to pray for me. And then I went to sleep. In the morning, everything was better, and my mom said that she had prayed for me for hours, worshiping and stuff, and that she had said something negative out loud yesterday (the thing she said was related to the reason I couldn't focus, but I'll keep that private for her sake) that might have affected me, since I am her daughter. (I did not talk to my mom yesterday, but things happen in the spiritual realm). She said she felt something lift when she was intercessing for me. (and had some strong physical manifestations as well)

Things like this happen a lot. If you are sensitive, you might feel stuff more easily and need to really pray and worship to protect yourself. For example, sometimes when you go into a store, or a place, you just feel that something is dark in there, or the spiritual atmosphere is not right; or the reverse could happen, and you could go into another place and really feel that God's presence is weighty in there. Spiritual sensitivity is spiritual awareness; it is both a gift and just developed from experiencing God's presence more. My mom definitely has this gift, and when she goes into some spiritually dark place, she is more easily affected (gets sick, spiritually attacked, etc.). But this is also why she is a prayer warrior and intercessor.

I was telling someone yesterday that at the moment I actually do think life has meaning, because everything we do affects everyone else, especially in the spiritual realm. You cannot see what your prayers do, or what your words do, or how your worship has an affect in the spiritual realm, but it does. When my mom visited her close friend, she was just worshiping God downstairs and praying, while her friend was upstairs, but the friend said she felt so peaceful, like she hadn't felt in years. Because we carry God's presence and because God is in us, every place we step into is spiritually affected. This is why we are actually light bearers. You have to believe that you actually do make an impact and have confidence in God who is in you. Have confidence in who you are as sons and daughters of God who carry power.

No comments:

Post a Comment