Friday, November 18, 2011

Be a Woman

Dude, the phrase "be a man" is used so much, or just the term. And there are so many thoughts and connotations associated with that. Be responsible, be mature, be considerate, have godly character, don't get angry easily, etc.

But most of the things associated with being a man, also applies to being a woman. But there seems to be a stronger emphasis that guys have to grow up and be men, whereas it seems like girls just become women naturally without even trying. Well, that is true. Because usually "becoming a woman" just means... the estrogen is actually working. Like, just the physical outer appearance stuff. Not the character stuff. Not the proverbs 31 stuff.

Today during my super fail prelim, I wanted to just give up and leave. I had studied the wrong things; there seemed like no point in even trying to lamely write made-up answers. But I told myself that I needed to finally learn to stop being immature, stop trying to escape stuff or have give-up mentality when hardship comes. Be mature, Jamie. Be responsible. What if you were a guy?

I have no idea where that question came from, but it worked. What if I was a guy?
After asking myself that question, my whole mentality changed. I was like, wow, I would definitely have to be responsible and try my best to finish this prelim and try to scrounge up points. And not be angry with the TA or myself or life and throw a mental tantrum. I would have to be mature about this. I studied the wrong things, but now I'm at the prelim; there's no point in getting angry/upset, but just do the best you can and God will be pleased with your heart attitude.

so yea. Be a guy. Be a woman. whatever works to make you see the importance of having Godly character.

No comments:

Post a Comment