Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Laundry Post

This is the post that happens when you are waiting for your laundry

Today, I was reminded of what my dad once told me. He said that it doesn't matter if your singing voice isn't good, as long as you sing with your heart. (He probably said this because my mom often tells me that my singing voice is bad, and so he wants to clarify to me that it doesn't matter if it's bad; what matters is that you are singing with your heart, because people can hear that.)

Then I thought of the poem: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
because the caged bird sings with his heart, for freedom, for hope.

As I read the poem:

The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
and longed for still

I remembered that I am not a caged bird, but that I am already free. God has set me free.

I praise God that I am made free and can have confidence in my identity in Him. This is why I sing. This is my story; this is my song:

I Know Why the Free Bird Sings.

No comments:

Post a Comment