Sunday, June 26, 2011

Godly Parents

My mom's friend's friend's friend took me to his home fellowship today. Basically it was like 60 people packed in an apartment living room, singing typical Chinese songs, probably stream-of-praise. It was like churchAndcell group all in one go, 30 min of worship, an hour message, then dinner, then discussion. Not much different from the US.

I am so encouraged because this couple that brought me to the fellowship is so nice to me even though they don't even know my mom or anything. They are so interested in getting to know me even though there really is no reason to, and they ask me how everything is, remember what I tell them, and really treat me like I'm their daughter or niece (even though they already have a daughter my age). The couple reminds me of my mom. If you are ever a guest in my home and you understand Chinese, my mom will try to give you 50 years worth of wisdom in her stories, all of which are amazing. Anyway, I really love this couple. They are so in sync with each other and so god-centered in the way they think and in their conversations. When you are around them, you can just feel the love. It is amazing.

My mom just got their phone number from some 3rd hand source and called them and asked them if I could meet them. And then called me and told me to go meet them. You gotta love Moms. They always want the best for you and are willing to go farther than you to get it for you.

This past semester, whenever I heard of (or saw) or thought of people falling away from God, or drifting from God, this protectiveness feeling would sweep over me, like I wanted to go punch the devil in the face and grab these drifting-away people from the drift. and protect them. But the only thing I could do was pray. One time I was reading someone's blog, who was drifting away. and I was reading her thoughts on her blog and found myself yelling at my computer to her out of anger/protectiveness because the devil was deceiving her. Another time, I found myself imagining myself slapping someone really hard who I knew was contemplating suicide. And many times I have imagined myself hugging /locking my arms around someone who was depressed, and not letting go, even though they have this nonchalant, unaffected expression on their face.

I forgot why that was relevant. oh yes, today I was reminded of the protectiveness feeling because I felt it, forgot towards who though. And then I thought to myself that the me from this past semester would probably be feeling very protective of the current me. and praying hard for me. and maybe crying on the inside. And this thought of me crying for me greatly encouraged me. and reminded me of what I used to feel and believe, and how real it used to be. And how much God cries for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment