Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Will it still be the same?

When I leave college, will it be the same?

What is "it"? Will what still be the same? doesn't matter. This is one of those free-form questions that are good for people who want to talk. Since the question is pretty vague, they can answer whatever question they perceive that the question is really asking.

When I leave this place, will it still be the same?

Yes. Yes, it will still be the same. No, it won't be, but yes it will be.

If you didn't understand the line above, you're using your mind. This is one of those times when you have to look deep in the person's eyes, beyond what they are literally saying, and try to see what they are REALLY saying. This usually involves guessing and intuition haha. [by the way, I can show you what this eye contact looks like. But actually what I mean is not that you should literally look deep into someone's eyes, but that you should just get the gist of what they are saying...]

---
The word "same" changes meaning depending on how you are viewing the word, (because you can't compare everything down to the molecules.. you have to choose your point of comparison).
Think about this question: "Do you feel that home and school are the same?" If you interpret it literally (or in a strange way), you would ask: what kind of question is that!? of course not. The windows in my house are different from the ones in my dorm! .... ... okay. but obviously the question-asker was referring to something else (more significant) besides the windows when he asked if they were the same.

I'm sure they've done experiments where they ask people a question and then see what the people think they are really asking.

This is why our minds have to be set on things above, and transformed by God. Even the way we perceive what questions are really asking is dependent on what we value, how we think, etc.

So will it be the same after college? will it be the same after marriage?

Yes.

why is it the same? Because God is with me. And He is with me after college. And He is always with me. And with that definition, I say yes. It will be the same.

[disclaimer: don't get upset at my post. I am not intending to be insensitive to change and how change is sometimes difficult. I am only pointing out one example of how having our minds transformed by God is important and affects everything/our perception of questions, even.]

No comments:

Post a Comment