Friday, March 6, 2009

The Start

I hope that this blog will be at once God-glorifying and honest.

For a while I wasn't sure what the purpose of a blog was. I'm sure there are some people out there with the same question.

My hope for this blog is not only encourage others through honestly sharing what I am going through and what God is teaching me, but also to encourage myself and remind myself about how great God is.

Today in bible study, a sister mentioned "preaching to yourself". I thought about it and I really like that idea--mainly because it works. We read Psalm 42.

Psalm 42:10-11
My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God"?

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Basically, the psalmist writes about his current condition/situation in life and how he feels "downcast", but then afterwards, he tells himself to put his hope in God. So, the psalmist is, in a sense, "preaching to himself" or reminding himself of God's hope. And when we read the psalm, we are also encouraged. So, it's a two-way deal. :)

yep, so that's why I'm starting up this blog---to remind myself of how great God is, to encourage myself and to share this encouragement with others. If at any time you feel that my blog is not God-glorifying or encouraging, feel free to correct/remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment