Saturday, February 4, 2012

Relationships Counseling

I just asked for relationships counseling for my relationship with God. =D

I remember a sermon where the pastor was saying that sometimes you just have to look at what other people are doing, and do what they are doing. (Not like looking at what everyone is doing... not in the sense of conformism, but in the sense of pursuing God... sometimes we don't know how to pursue God, but we look at people who love God--either people in the bible like King David--or people in our lives who really love God, and try some of that for ourselves).

I remember in high school, I asked my friend for her mom's phone number because her mom had prayed for me years back, and when she prayed for me that one time, I felt God very strongly, and the way she talked about God, I just felt that she must really love God. So, I called her and asked her how she spends time with God. And it was beautiful, all the things she told me. It was simple, but beautiful. Just to hear her talk about God. It was like wow..the way you talk about Him... I must have missed something about God.

So yea, anyway, I sought some relationships counseling for my relationship with God.
I realized that I'm really not good at spending large chunks of time reading God's Word. I tend to do 10 minutes here and there, morning and night, or things like that. This is partially why I'm always reading psalms and proverbs, because it doesn't take long to do so, and each chapter isn't connected with the one before it, so you don't need to read a large chunk at a time to remember what's going on from what you read the day before. But I feel like I'm missing out on something... I want more. All these brothers and sisters sharing about how amazing their mornings with God are... I was like... hmm... maybe I'm missing something...

And today, Spock talked about boasting in our weakness, and not hiding our weakness. And hearing that made me realize that I've been hiding my weaknesses these past couple weeks, by not wanting them to exist, and not really being honest to myself or God that they exist.

Looking forward to my renewed relationship with God

No comments:

Post a Comment