Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's been over a year!

I'm going to celebrate how God has brought me through all this way, in terms of academics.
I had almost forgotten how painful it was to be borderline failing. I was looking through my email drafts today and found one titled "Reasons I shouldn't do this anymore". It was an email to myself that I wrote last spring (saved as a draft), of all the reasons I shouldn't do engineering anymore. haha. I can finally laugh at it, out of joy.

And yesterday, I had my first Academic Integrity Hearing Board meeting (as a student representative), and I was reminded, as I listened to people's comments on the offender, of what it was like for people to not think you would make it as a Cornell student. Or a Cornell engineering student.

And yet, it's just school. Maybe I can say that now that it's not so bad anymore. But it's really similar to any family problem or relationships or any other hardship. It's big when you're in it, even though it's all very small compared to eternity. And yet, God comforts us in every struggle and hardship.

yay. Thanks God.

3 comments: