Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Malta

you perceive my thoughts from afar.

Sometimes we know what other people are thinking because we've been around them long enough. I haven't read psalm 139 in so long that I forgot that precious, sweet verse. You know when I sit and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar.

It's like the perceptive manager who knows what is going on even though no one tells him. who knows who is doing the work and who is all talk. And after knowing and having such a manager, you end up trusting his decisions such that you don't try to copy him on all your emails just to prove that you are doing 'so much' work. You know that he'll take care of your workload and that he trusts you to give you important things to do.

I guess I am blessed to have had two good managers who have, in a way, helped me to understand God a bit better. I mean--I know it's a terrible way to understand God, but pastors make analogies of God's love with a parent's love too, so I'm allowed to make human analogies too. (although of course, business is more cruel than the family)


Funny story today. I randomly open my ipad and decide to read Acts 28 (partly because my church is part of an Acts 29 church network, so i figured I would read Acts 28), and the first verse says:
Once successfully on shore, we found out the island was called Malta

haha. what a prophetic moment (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment