Monday, May 7, 2012

"Christianity and Sex"

Some Pastor, Mark said (in this): "There are only two religions: Christianity and Sex".

When I heard that... I just smiled and was kind of like:  LOL, Mark is funny. He says funny extreme things.

But then today I read Romans 1:21-24, and I was like WOAH. He's right. The two religions are God and Sexual Immorality. Seriously.

verse 21: "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him..."
verse 24: "THEREFORE God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity..."

They ditched God, and thus were handed over to the "god" of sexual impurity. In fact, they ditched God FOR the sinful desires, namely sex-related sinful things. And sure verse 23 briefly mentions idols and images and such, but the key religions are 'sexual impurity' and 'God'. The "images" are just that. Images. Just a pretense for what they are actually worshiping, which is sexual perversion.

So, in some sense, I do agree with this dude Mark. The main two religions in the world today are that. Sexual Immorality, and true Christianity.

Man, I just remember a month ago, when I took that "Are you psychic?" psychology experiment and got freaked out by how creepy and "spiritual"/occultish it was. I felt like my relationship with God was being threatened in the spiritual realm, and I was overly dramatic and alarmed. I went immediately to worship God afterwards.

I realized that I should be more alarmed more often. about my relationship with God. There are way more things that endanger my relationship with God than just creepy psych experiments that play new agey meditation music and ask you if you have often felt an evil presence around you. I need to be alarmed by other threats to my relationship with God. Sometimes, it's just easier to be alarmed when it is clear that the spiritual realm is in play (like when occult is mentioned). But I have to remember Ephesians 6, that it is ALWAYS spiritual realmy... always fighting against the principalities, spiritual dark powers of this world, etc. Even when it looks very down-to-earth and non-spiritual. Like day-to-day conversations and activities and thoughts. Habits. It doesn't have to be something like encountering a witch doctor who tried to recruit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment