Monday, August 15, 2011

Back Home

Back at home after 2.5 months of roaming around china + taiwan

Everything is slower here. There's like grass.

Man, I love NJ. It's like family life, while Shanghai was like singles-life. Go wherever you want, do whatever you want. I love Shanghai. You meet people wherever you go and they like to talk to you. I miss Shanghai. I miss my coworkers and Chinese teachers. They're so cute. I gave them all the proxy I used to access fb. When I gave it to them, I felt like I had accomplished something major in China-- that even if they forget me, at least they got something out of knowing me. That at least I was useful.

But now I'm back home, and I love the US. Maybe with a different love, a love of familiarity. So thankful for email and facebook. It was almost hard for me to remember that I had a life back at home. and friends. Like real friends.
It was hard for me to remember the Cornell Christian community; CBS and COAH seemed fake at times. What instead became more real to me was my Cornell education, my grades, my career direction, my appearance.

because in asia, that's what's important. I got so many compliments/statements of recognition this summer for going to Cornell. I haven't gotten that since 3 years ago when I first got in, so I was a bit baffled at first. But then later, I kind of liked it and wanted it. It was an easy shortcut to respect without even doing anything.

And that sums up my summer. It's easy to lose God, and it's also easy to lose everything else, like your soul. It really is a fight. A fight for passion. For your heart. To get it back. For God.

1 comment: