Friday, July 23, 2010

Blogging at night

Blogging at night means your inhibitions are down. Sometimes I regret blogging late at night, because I reveal more weaknesses, and then during the day, I'm like "I'm fine now. shoot, why did I reveal that weakness? I'm totally fine. Everything is fine. Now everyone thinks I am___[insert whatever the post revealed]". Then I tell myself that next time I should only blog when "my mind is clear", whatever that means.

Actually let's figure out what it means. What does my mind "being clear" mean? Doesn't it just mean I'm more protective of myself, of my weaknesses, my thoughts, my emotions? It also means I'm more aware of social norms, what's socially acceptable, and am more concerned about what others think, etc.

So basically, my definition of my mind being "clear" comes from a worldly standpoint. My definition of "clear" has a positive connotation, and is worldly. In essence, I'm saying that my mind is "clear"/better when I have a grip on life, when everything seems fine, and my mind isn't filled with emotions and complex/deep, private thoughts and struggles--when I'm better able to present myself as being "fine". which is a lie. I am never without struggle or weakness. But God's power is made perfect in my weakness, and so I will boast all the more of my weakness

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. ~ 2 Cor. 12:9

1 comment:

  1. yess this is true. genesis 3! adam and eve were completely naked in front of God and themselves until sin entered the world. only then did they cover up anything (that includes things beyond their physical bodies). but yeah because we live in a sinful world, we do need to discern certain things that we let out, but open! be open!! with meeee :]

    ReplyDelete