Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pleasing God

Some things that happened this past week really made me think and also grow. It made think about whether or not I truly desired to please God. Do I truly fear God? Do I value Him more than all these?

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Making "sacrifices", AKA surrendering certain tangible things to God, really helped me to grow this week. And part of me still feels like that surrendering/sacrifice really hurts, and I know I'll definitely feel the result of it more and more throughout this semester. yet I also feel that my fear of the Lord has really grown through this and that I can't and am not willing to turn back to my old ways. I need to keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can possibly lose when I have God. Like the man who found the treasure in the field and sold everything he had to buy the field. Like math, if God is infinity, then infinity minus 1 is still infinity. Therefore I have lost nothing.

In practice this is harder, because we tend to look to our left and to our right and to this world, instead of looking above toward God.


No comments:

Post a Comment