Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Analogies and Reminders Everywhere

My brother, Thomas, has been bugging me to do a jigsaw puzzle with him.But it’s strange because jigsaw puzzles shouldn’t be that interesting for an active 9-year-old boy who normally plays with nerf guns, runs around the house and plays wii or computer games.


Dad is home. and Thomas goes: “Jamie’s helping me do a jigsaw puzzle!”

Me: “no, I’m doing a jigsaw puzzle” [referring to how Thomas doesn’t contribute]

Thomas: [laughs] “yea, I just want to be with Jamie”


Little kid giving up stimulating fun games to do boring jigsaw puzzle with sister—not even to do a jigsaw puzzle, but basically just to watch me do a jigsaw puzzle.


I guess, if I think about some of my friends, I’d be willing to watch them do a jigsaw puzzle, just so I could be with them too.


And I was gonna make some analogy to our Heavenly Father. But I can’t think of one right now.

lol, These are the kinds of stories that pastors use in their sermons, as examples/analogies. Because almost everything in life can remind us of our Heavenly Father. If you’re in love with someone, every time you see something even remotely related/connected to that person, you are reminded of that person.


One time last year, I saw a dog without a leash following its owner very closely. It was so obedient; I was amazed. I told my friend: “I wish I could be like that dog”, and she gave me a weird look, and I continued, “and follow God the way that dog follows its master”.


Jesus, be the center.

Be the fire in my heart, Be the wind in these sails, Be the reason that I live

No comments:

Post a Comment