Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Poem to the God of my life

"By day the Lord directs His love,
At night His song is with me--
A prayer to the God of my life" Psalm 42:8

A Poem to the God of my life

We realize when our core motivation breaks down,
How we had not been standing on solid ground.
It is not just all an act,
For with God we can make an impact

The world’s standards and God’s are not the same
What is potential, what is glory, what is a good name?
When people look into our eyes and smile,
We think that our life has been worthwhile
But when our efforts are below the mean,
Who we are and what we do goes unseen
Or so in our minds it does seem.

But Jesus gave hope to the prostitute, the widow, the lost
The weak, the weary, the wounded—and at what cost?
Blood and water and pain
Through all this He did make plain:
We are His children whom He does love,
And He hopes that we may always look above

For on Earth, our hearts should not live,
So with that thought, may we forever give,
Our all in all to our sweet true love,
May He be who we always think of

Prone to wander and to forget
To be distressed and to be upset
We are shaky and unstable
In dilemma and unable
Blind, lost, confused
Always ready to blow our fuse,
Give up on God and His views.

So Lord, take our hearts and seal it,
And lead us where you see fit.
To you O Lord, we do hold on tight
May you help us to fight this fight.

When we are weak, we see
How, by ourselves we cannot flee
The sins and ways of this place
O God, would you come and give us your embrace

Remind, teach and guide
Your children to abide
To trust and obey
In all that you say

O how I long to see your face,
For you to give me an embrace
But I know you are always here,
And that I have nothing to fear
For on myself I do not rely
And you O Lord, never say goodbye

1 comment:

  1. Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
    Prone to leave the God I love.
    Here's my heart, Lord,
    Take and seal it,
    Seal it for thy courts above.

    ReplyDelete