Monday, April 13, 2009

"I want to be a hero"

So, I was listening to this song called "Never let go" by Bryan Adams. It is the ending song of the movie The Guardian.

I was listening, and soon I became really inspired/motivated to do work again (after hours of procrastinating).

And I thought: why? Why is this song inspiring me?

So I thought for a while. The movie is a heroic, inspirational kind of movie, and so is the song. And so I realized that (1) I want to be a hero; (2) I want to be an inspiration.

Why?

Reason 1: It gives purpose and meaning.

As I was typing this in my "journal"/word document, I found myself reminding myself that everything is meaningless unless you know Jesus, because this world is temporary. If you are a really inspirational football coach and you make your team all "succeed" at life, it doesn't matter if your team didn't know Christ. Worldly success is all just temporary.

Reason 2: The world is too pessimistic. More things are possible than what they believe are possible. And even that previous sentence is pessimistic in Jesus' standards becaus Jesus said everything is possible.

And yet, "inspiring" people to believe that everything is possible is not a very good way to go about it. It's more like leading people to God, building them up in the Lord, and letting God do ALL of this "inspirational"/teaching/leading work.
--------------

Just some thoughts.
Well, anyhow, I still like the song :) and the movie.
God is inspiring---just who He is--that is inspiring, and altogether amazing.
Hope He has given to us, so let us give that hope to others also.

And I guess the above sentence is one definition of inspiration.
so, "I want to be an inspiration" can just as easily translate into:
"I want to show other people the wonderful hope God has given me, so that they can have it too"

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment