Monday, April 8, 2019

29

I didn't get to do a birthday post after my birthday yet, because I went to Mexico city for a week to visit El Pozo de Vida, an organization that fights human trafficking in Mexico (and globally). It was an amazing experience, but I'm still processing it, so another post on that later.

Reflections on my 28th year:

  • Went to the Philippines
  • Started dating Jon (probably the biggest / most significant thing)
  • Paid off MBA loans
  • Became more involved in Church and cell group leading
  • Strengthened my theology through wrestling with different issues
  • Read a lot of books (mostly on deliverance, inner healing or other spiritual books)
Overall a really good year, though there were definitely tough weeks. It has been truly amazing to have close friends and community. 

For my 29th year, I hope to:
  • Grow in character: wait on God, trust in God, be quick to admit fault, let go of pride, be honest with myself and God, proactively love those who are hard to love, actively not judge qualities/mindsets that are easy for me to judge
  • Pray without ceasing: constantly be aware of God's presence and hear from Him even as I'm doing something else, pray continually in my spirit
  • Love God without restraint: pour all of my affection and my actions out in loving God; don't hold back
  • Live in the present: be engaged, active, high energy, responsive
  • Use my gifts of administration, strategy, wisdom 
  • Find things I love to do, and do them. life should never be boring if we are wholesome
  • Be honest with myself, and continue being deep in general. I'm a deep thinker and that's how I flourish. 
  • Invest wisely and be generous financially


No comments:

Post a Comment