Saturday, February 3, 2018

Keeping your Freedom

"Never let the fear of temptation or the reality of temptation make you second guess or redefine your level of freedom. You are free regardless of what things may come at you. I think success in this area looks like focusing on the things you get to do, not on the things you have to give up or let go"
"My next level of breakthrough and freedom lies in the pursuit of Him and His will"


When I heard this quote today, especially the first sentence, it freed me instantly from confusion. I immediately claimed back the freedom (or the 'level of freedom') that I already had in Christ. Obviously, we all are free in Christ, but there is a process to walk into greater 'levels' of freedom and breakthrough, and that's what I mean here. God has already done a great work in me, but sometimes I am tempted to think that something is still wrong and I'm still battling with the same things, and if I'm battling with the same things, did I really receive freedom? Yes, I did. I have received so much freedom. There is always a temptation to be confused, to fear, to hold onto insecurities. But as soon as I heard this quote, my heart resonated so much with it. The fears, confusion and insecurity left me, and God's joy filled me. Now I'm excited to pursue after my next level of breakthrough/freedom/intimacy with Him. This is what I get to do every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment