Thursday, September 10, 2015

Just let me say

Tuesday, I was having worship time by myself on the piano with my usual binder of worship songs. I played "Just let me say how much I love you", and "Listen to our hearts"

I haven't chosen songs like that in a while because I didn't feel qualified or real/authentic/genuine singing about how much I love God. I preferred songs about the cross and Jesus, than singing about my love for God. I just wasn't so sure that I was qualified to say that I love God. I'd feel more comfortable singing about His love for me than the other way around. But when I did that on Tuesday--sang those two songs--it was so powerful because I do actually love Him, and the expression in song released what was inside.

I love Him because He first loved me, and my song to Him is a response to His love. 

"Listen to our hearts" also has special significance to me because I can still remember during my college years, one of the 'alum' who had gone MIA during my sophomore or junior year, came back (to God) when I was a senior, and led us in this song on the guitar. At the time, I couldn't even sing the song. All I could do was cry, out of joy that he came back.

And I recorded all of us singing it:



No comments:

Post a Comment