Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Friends

Some friends/coworkers threw me a surprise birthday party today. Really took me by surprise since it's a few days before my real birthday; I thought one of them was just making me dinner.

It really feels really great to have friends, no matter what kind or how close, how silly or how real. I used to be really amazed when I realize I have friends. like Wow. I have friends? Now I'm just so thankful that I have so many friends, and real friends too, even in a new place, new environment. I'm so amazed that I can make friends, like real friends, completely from scratch, in a new place. It's a scary thing sometimes--moving around, thinking you'll never have real friends again.

And just as it starts to get warm, you realize it's time to go out again.

cake my coworker (and sister in Christ) made:


1 comment: