Monday, February 11, 2013

Your worship pastor has been removed

Have not been attending my "home" church for the past few weeks, due to 'visiting' other churches (I guess college patterns die hard--but i just want to meet more christians in the area.... ). "home church" meaning the church I have "chosen" --(as in chosen to tell people I am apart of lol).

Anyway I got this email today saying that the worship pastor of my "home church" has been removed due to having multiple full-on, ongoing affairs with several women in the Church.... I was very surprised, even though, in general, I am not surprised at these kind of things. The Church is really really biblical and firm in doctrine and emphasis on discipleship, etc. It's not one of those dead churches, nor one of those weak churches that water down the gospel. The people there do really try to pursue God in their lives, at least the ones in my bible study.

But, yea, it's not that surprising, since looking at my own life, I feel like I could so, so easily do something like that. Lead a double life and think that nothing is wrong just because I feel great. And what about the women who joined in? I bet they thought they were Christian, even while being involved in all that. I bet they were just lonely and fell into it. It must be something very easy to fall into.

We are so easily deceived, so easily led astray, so prone to wander. So, so prone to wander. That's why we need each other. People in your lives to say:  yo, what the hell are you doing. wake up.
People to speak wisdom and truth into our lives when that foggy blinding haze falls on us

No comments:

Post a Comment