Thursday, July 14, 2011

Citizenship

My citizenship is in heaven.

Thank God.

I spent almost the entire day on wikipedia, educating myself on historical events such as the Korean War and Sino-Japan wars, that I didn't really learn in high school, and looking up Wikileaks-related news, and North Korea-related info on google.

However, after a while, I felt that all this was pointless. I am proud to be pro-democracy and pro-justice, but perhaps my feelings go beyond that boundary into feeling superior in other ways. It's nice to have nationalistic feelings towards the country you associate yourself with, but not if it hinders you from seeing the greater picture... not if it hinders you from loving people, despite their beliefs

In the end, all countries will bow to the King of Kings. And I will proud to say then as I am now, that my citizenship is in heaven.

(Also, if you read wikileaks, you can see that every country has flaws, and every country is still motivated by self-interest and is still fearful of the same things)

No comments:

Post a Comment